Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Product Review #1 - Dr. Oetker Organic Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix

Looking for a sweet treat, I picked up a box of Dr. Oetker Organic Chocolate Chip Cookie mix. Having successfully made and enjoyed the chocolate cake, yellow cake, and blondie mixes, I was expecting similar results with the cookie mix. I wasn't disappointed. Mixing the ingredients was easy, beat 1/3 cup of organic sweet cream salted butter (which I actually ended up needing additional softened butter as just using what it called for created a crumbly dough. Additional butter corrected this) and an organic medium brown shell egg and then stir in the cookie mix (I added about 1-1/4tsp of Organic Bourbon Vanilla Extract as well). Bake 9 minutes @ 350 (or 375 depending on your oven and cookie sheet type). I had to add an additional 3-5 minutes to the bake time as the first batch that I cooked for the 9 minutes were still gooey when I tried removing them from the pan to put on the cooling rack. If you like your cookies gooey then 9 minutes should work, otherwise aim for closer to 14 minutes.

Like any cookie recipe, I had to try one (okay...two) just to make sure they were okay once they were out of the oven...and they were better than okay, they were pretty yummy! I will definitely be making these again. The recipe is also able to be altered to fit a Vegan lifestyle by replacing the egg with an egg replacer and using a vegan butter spread rather than butter. As I did not do this method I cannot say if it works well or tastes well. If you try it please let me know!

Rating: Two Thumbs Up!

Nutritional Information:
Serving: 2 Cookies
Calories: 120
Carbs: 24g
Fat: 2g
Sodium: 110mg
Protein: 1g
Iron: 2% DV

Ingredients: Organic wheat flour, organic cane sugar, organic chocolate chips, salt, baking soda.

Until Next Time,
Laura



No comments:

Post a Comment